World in Which Christ Lived
1. The four Gospel writers who tell the story of Jesus' life and
ministry in the Bible are Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
2. Palestine, where Jesus lived while on earth, was a tiny country
that was part of the great Roman Empire.
3. Jesus spoke all the languages commonly used in Palestine during
His time on earth-including Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Aramaic, Egyptian,
4. The time in which Jesus lived on earth was an age of constant
war, revolution, and civil unrest throughout the vast Roman Empire.
5. Many religious theories and practices circulated throughout
the Roman Empire in Jesus' day-most of them contradicting each
other and offering confused ideas about God.
here to check your answers